51 items found, showing page 3 of 5
- Proposal to withdraw all CityRed services in Southampton from February 19 2023.
- Lower customer numbers post-covid, changes in travel patterns, rising costs and an ultra-competitive city market have led to this difficult decision.
- Focus is on supporting colleagues and helping all those affected to find alternative roles within First Bus.
- First Bus team up with Ticketer to launch innovative new Tap On Tap Off system for fares with pilot in Wales.
- Innovative new pilot aimed at capping fares based on distance travelled in industry first.
- The pilot could be rolled out in other regions if successful.
- First Bus and Prospective.io have been working in partnership since 2019 to develop and test cutting edge automated timetabling and fleet scheduling software.
- Prospective’s AI platform has led to improvements in service punctuality and reliability in West Yorkshire during a pilot aimed at improving local service delivery.
- The Prospective system is now being rolled out across some of First Bus’ largest UK operating companies (OpCos).
- The new system will support dozens of network planners, schedulers and operations teams managing 4,000 vehicles across the UK.
- 41% of UK adults are planning to use the bus more frequently in a bid to save money, as households feel the pinch of the cost-of-living crisis.
- London has seen the most increased bus use (60%) followed by Glasgow (47%), Leeds (45%) and Liverpool (43%).
- First Bus were shortlisted in no less than seven categories for the annual Route One Awards.
- Simon Carlisle from First West Yorkshire scooped Engineer of the Year, Large Operator Award.
- First HDB’s Marc Reddy won the Manager of the Year, Large Operator Award.
- First Bus launch its first ever 'Month of Inclusion' in a bid to progress their company-wide equality, diversity and inclusion plans.
- First Bus owned Aircoach agree deal to purchase Northern Ireland based transport firm Airporter.
- The deal will see Aircoach takeover the company’s operations to expand its footprint in Ireland
- Aircoach will now increase its daily routes to seven with an enhanced all-island route connecting the North-West to Belfast International Airport, Dublin Airport and Dublin City Centre.
- FTS appoint new Business Operations Director to lead continued growth for business
Simon Pearson, Chief Commercial Officer at First Bus, comments on customer centricity; what it looks like in practice, and how changing perceptions is central to bus becoming a bigger part of the transport mix.
- First Bus have awarded a contract to fully convert 12 Optare Versa buses from existing EV Generation one system to Equipmake’s Zero Emission Drivetrain (ZED)
- Conversion work underway on the first Versa bus at Equipmake’s headquarters in Snetterton, Norfolk
- The first of the 12 buses is expected to be back in operation on the roads of York in November
- Equipmake’s patented HVAC system will have a guaranteed range of 150 miles in all UK weather conditions for the upgraded York fleet
Half of UK adults would take the bus more often if they knew the direct positive impact on environment.
- First Bus data shows half of UK adults would take the bus more often if they knew that decision would have a direct positive impact on the environment.
- No parking hassles (45%), saving money (36%) and protecting the environment (29%) are three biggest benefits of choosing bus travel.
- 47% of Brits who live in London agree that taking the bus helps with their mental health more than other modes of transport