3 items found
- First Bus have purchased the old Daily Mail processing centre in Portsmouth.
- The new site will become a purpose built all-electric site fit to host their new electric bus fleet of the future.
- The new depot will take up to 2-3 years to build and represents a significant investment and future commitment to bus services in Portsmouth.
- First Bus will be launching 62 brand-new all-electric buses from April 2024 from its existing Hoeford depot site.
‘Bus depot of the future’ launches in Leicester as one of the UK’s first fully electric depots outside of London
- First Bus’ Leicester depot will join York and Norwich to become one of the UK’s first three fully electrified bus depots outside of London
- The ‘bus depot of the future’ sets a precedent for UK-wide road transport decarbonisation
- First Bus Leicester will have 86 new electric buses expected on public roads by March 2024
- This brings the total investment across all ZEBRA projects that First Bus is delivering to £92m, alongside ZEBRA funding of £66m.
- Operating at Milton Park business, science and technology park in Oxfordshire
- Electric 15-seater autonomous bus accessible to wheelchairs and pushchairs
- Ground-breaking technology in vehicle movement and world-first travel planning