51 items found, showing page 4 of 5
- McGill’s Group will take ownership of the business from 19th September
- Both businesses pledge to put all staff and customers at the forefront of their plans
First Bus partners with Optibus to complete rollout of new digital scheduling software across its UK bus operations
- First Bus and Optibus have been working in partnership since 2018 to develop technological solutions that improve the lives of their frontline staff.
- Optibus’ advanced AI system allows the two parties to discover efficiencies and improve roster design and shift patterns for frontline staff.
- The Optibus system has been rolled out across the entire First Bus UK operations, supporting dozens of schedulers managing 4,000 vehicles across the UK.
First Bus places one of UK’s largest ever EV bus orders with UK manufacturer Wrightbus following DfT ZEBRA funding award
- Largest ever UK EV bus order outside of London
- UK-built buses will secure green jobs in the UK
- Includes introduction of world’s most efficient double-decker buses
- A total investment of £81m in new Zero Emission vehicles to support bus services across England split between First Bus and the Department for Transport.
FIrst Bus announce new Partnerships Director
Small changes to how we travel are essential to helping the environment and improving our health, demonstrates new report
- Shifting journeys from car to bus and coach once a month could save millions of tons of C02e emissions
- Half of Brits would take the bus more if services were better
- Just one fully loaded bus can take 75 cars off the road
Gareth Hind, Head of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) at First Bus, discusses the importance of ED&I, First Bus’s plans to build a work culture that supports ED&I, and why it’s necessary to make small incremental changes to make a difference.
Isabel McAllister recently completed First Bus’ new exec team when she joined First Bus as Chief Sustainability and Compliance Officer, bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of sustainability from her time in the built environment sector. For International Women in Engineering Day, she reflects on what she wants women who are considering joining the industry to know, and why it’s so important to improve gender diversity in STEM.
A crack team of cyclists from First Bus have raised over £10k for Action for Children, following a monumental bike ride challenge from London to Paris.
Glasgow is now home to the UK’s largest electric vehicle (EV) rapid-charging centre as First Bus completes the major transformation of its flagship Caledonia depot.
First Bus is delighted to announce the appointment of our new Chief Sustainability and Compliance Officer, Isabel McAllister, who joins the Executive Team from Mace, in the built environment sector.
First Bus and their four local authority partners celebrate funding bid success for four regions through the DfT's ZEBRA scheme to land a further 125 electric buses