50 items found, showing page 1 of 5
First Bus offers free travel for Remembrance Day to veterans and military personnel across entire UK network
- First Bus is offering free travel for all veterans and UK Armed Forces personnel travelling to Remembrance Day activities on 11th & 12th November
- Veterans and military personnel will get a free return journey by wearing their military uniform or showing the driver their Service ID card
- First Bus has a strong affiliation with the Armed Forces, with many veterans working for the business
- Kim Swan joins from P&O Ferries and brings over 30 years of leadership experience.
- Leicester to Birmingham Airport with a pick up at Fosse Park
- 16 seats available to book per journey
- Prices from £9 for a single journey online at Aircoach UK | Aircoach UK
- every hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 15kg luggage allowance + a small bag to take onboard
First Bus welcomes new generation of engineering apprentices with fun-filled week at Reaseheath College
- First Bus welcomes 52 new apprentices across England, Scotland and Wales.
- English-based apprentices to be placed at purpose-built engineering facility at Reaseheath College.
- Apprentices enjoyed a fun-filled induction week of team-building activities and key skills tests.
- Reaseheath Facility that opened in 2021 offers a unique work experience-style environment to help apprentices adopt a workplace mindset while they learn.
- First Bus appoints new Decarbonisation Programme Director
- Faizan Ahmad joins from Amazon and brings wealth of experience in decarbonisation delivery
- First Bus MD Janette Bell has appointed Gary Hitchmough as Chief Growth Officer.
- He brings a wealth of experience in winning, mobilising and operating high value contracts.
- Gary will lead on bus franchising bidding, securing major commercial contracts, and growing development businesses.
- Works begin to convert Roundtree Way depot in Norwich into all-electric fleet depot.
- The depot will become one of three all-electric fleet depots in the UK, outside of London.
- 70 Brand New Wrightbus vehicles, 11 single deck and 59 double deck buses, to be delivered from Autumn 2023 through to March 2024.
- Over 60 tonnes of tailpipe emissions saved per bus every year.
First Bus apprentice encourages more women to join the bus sector on International Women in Engineering Day
- International Women in Engineering Day gives female engineers a platform to encourage more women to enter the industry.
- First Bus' dedicated apprentice training academy offers women a clear pathway to begin their career in engineering.
- First Bus apprentice Maddi Simmons encourages young women to apply for an engineering apprenticeship.
- First Bus becomes UK’s first bus operator to offer a consumer charging hub to help local community make switch to electric vehicles.
- The new purpose-built site in Cornwall will be ready for customers later this summer.
- Site provides eight rapid charging points for public EVs that will fully charge a family car in under 30 minutes.
- New facility is ideally placed on key tourist route into Cornwall.
- - Macmillan Cancer Support appointed as new national charity partner for First Bus for next three years.
- - Macmillan were chosen by thousands of First Bus colleagues across the UK operations.
- - Initial donation of £10k to kick off fundraising efforts.
- First Bus completes UK wide rollout of Tap On, Tap Off (TOTO) technology on over 4000 buses.
- First Bus is first major UK bus operator to achieve this milestone across entire fleet.
- First Bus invests over £1 million alongside further investment from local authority partners.
- TOTO technology allows First Bus to charge more personalised fares to customers based on distance travelled.
- TOTO gives customers unlimited travel on buses, whilst never paying more than the daily or weekly cap.
- First Bus and Ticketer partnership has led to a first-of-its-kind pilot in the UK using this technology.