12 items found
- Kim Swan joins from P&O Ferries and brings over 30 years of leadership experience.
First Bus welcomes new generation of engineering apprentices with fun-filled week at Reaseheath College
- First Bus welcomes 52 new apprentices across England, Scotland and Wales.
- English-based apprentices to be placed at purpose-built engineering facility at Reaseheath College.
- Apprentices enjoyed a fun-filled induction week of team-building activities and key skills tests.
- Reaseheath Facility that opened in 2021 offers a unique work experience-style environment to help apprentices adopt a workplace mindset while they learn.
- First Bus appoints new Decarbonisation Programme Director
- Faizan Ahmad joins from Amazon and brings wealth of experience in decarbonisation delivery
- First Bus MD Janette Bell has appointed Gary Hitchmough as Chief Growth Officer.
- He brings a wealth of experience in winning, mobilising and operating high value contracts.
- Gary will lead on bus franchising bidding, securing major commercial contracts, and growing development businesses.
- Appointment to new role as Head of Operational Excellence
- New hire will collaborate with LBUs and Head of Engineering Excellence with purpose of improving customer experience
First Bus and Reaseheath College host Roads Minister at UK's first dedicated bus and coach industry training academy ahead of National Apprenticeship Week
- First Bus and Reaseheath College have teamed up to create a dedicated apprentice training academy to create engineers of the future for the bus industry
- State-of-the-art facility that recreates a bus depot environment for apprentices as part of industry leading 12-week training programme
- Facility that opened in 2021 is now starting to bear fruit as first cohort of apprentice progresses through the programme
- Proposal to withdraw all CityRed services in Southampton from February 19 2023.
- Lower customer numbers post-covid, changes in travel patterns, rising costs and an ultra-competitive city market have led to this difficult decision.
- Focus is on supporting colleagues and helping all those affected to find alternative roles within First Bus.
- First Bus were shortlisted in no less than seven categories for the annual Route One Awards.
- Simon Carlisle from First West Yorkshire scooped Engineer of the Year, Large Operator Award.
- First HDB’s Marc Reddy won the Manager of the Year, Large Operator Award.
- FTS appoint new Business Operations Director to lead continued growth for business
- McGill’s Group will take ownership of the business from 19th September
- Both businesses pledge to put all staff and customers at the forefront of their plans
FIrst Bus announce new Partnerships Director