8 items found
First Bus offers free travel for Remembrance Day to veterans and military personnel across entire UK network
- First Bus is offering free travel for all veterans and UK Armed Forces personnel travelling to Remembrance Day activities on 11th & 12th November
- Veterans and military personnel will get a free return journey by wearing their military uniform or showing the driver their Service ID card
- First Bus has a strong affiliation with the Armed Forces, with many veterans working for the business
- Agreement to purchase Ensign Bus Company Limited (‘Ensignbus’)
- Ensignbus is a high-performing business with strong positions in business-to-business (‘B2B’) and regional commercial bus operations in Essex, as well as a vehicle refurbishment and re-sale operation, alongside a high value depot.
- Completion of the acquisition is anticipated in the next few months subject to customary regulatory review.
- First Bus owned Aircoach agree deal to purchase Northern Ireland based transport firm Airporter.
- The deal will see Aircoach takeover the company’s operations to expand its footprint in Ireland
- Aircoach will now increase its daily routes to seven with an enhanced all-island route connecting the North-West to Belfast International Airport, Dublin Airport and Dublin City Centre.
- McGill’s Group will take ownership of the business from 19th September
- Both businesses pledge to put all staff and customers at the forefront of their plans
Gareth Hind, Head of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) at First Bus, discusses the importance of ED&I, First Bus’s plans to build a work culture that supports ED&I, and why it’s necessary to make small incremental changes to make a difference.
First Bus MD Janette Bell committed to challenge bus industry stereotypes today and everyday as we celebrate the trailblazing women of bus on International Women's Day
First Bus, Scotland’s largest bus operator, has announced the official appointment of Duncan Cameron into the role of managing director.