17 items found, showing page 2 of 2
Half of UK adults would take the bus more often if they knew the direct positive impact on environment.
- First Bus data shows half of UK adults would take the bus more often if they knew that decision would have a direct positive impact on the environment.
- No parking hassles (45%), saving money (36%) and protecting the environment (29%) are three biggest benefits of choosing bus travel.
- 47% of Brits who live in London agree that taking the bus helps with their mental health more than other modes of transport
First Bus places one of UK’s largest ever EV bus orders with UK manufacturer Wrightbus following DfT ZEBRA funding award
- Largest ever UK EV bus order outside of London
- UK-built buses will secure green jobs in the UK
- Includes introduction of world’s most efficient double-decker buses
- A total investment of £81m in new Zero Emission vehicles to support bus services across England split between First Bus and the Department for Transport.
Glasgow is now home to the UK’s largest electric vehicle (EV) rapid-charging centre as First Bus completes the major transformation of its flagship Caledonia depot.
First Bus and their four local authority partners celebrate funding bid success for four regions through the DfT's ZEBRA scheme to land a further 125 electric buses
First Bus to invest £35m in green transport for Glasgow and Aberdeen with ScotZEB funding from Transport Scotland
- First Glasgow and First Aberdeen have been awarded a combined £18.6m in ScotZEB funding and will deliver 74 new electric vehicles across both cities.
- First Bus will invest a further £16.4m to further increase its zero-emission fleet.
- Over 40% of vehicles operating out of First Glasgow’s Caledonia and Scotstoun depots will be fully electric and zero-emission by Spring 2024.
- First Bus will future-proof its Scotstoun and Aberdeen depots with installation of the required electrification infrastructure.